Maple Hasselback Apple
⏳: 30 mins
👨🍳: 45 mins
🍴: Serves 1
- 1 large apple
- 1 Tablespoon NutroGusto Pure Canadian Maple Syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- frozen yogurt
- almonds, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Peel the apple and cut in half. Using a melon baller, carve out the core of the apple halves.
- Using a sharp knife, make vertical incisions into the apple, about a quarter of an inch apart, without cutting all the way through the apple halves. (You can use a set of chopsticks as safety bumpers to make sure that your knife can’t cut all the way through.)
- In a small bowl, mix together the NutroGusto Canadian Maple Syrup, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Use a pastry brush to coat the apple halves with the maple spice mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the apples are tender and lightly browned.
- Top each apple half with a small scoop of frozen yogurt and a sprinkle of chopped almonds and serve.